I love this game. We play it because sometimes, feeling grateful seems like too much, especially when everyone is telling you to feel grateful. And also, holidays have all kinds of personal and political complications. So we just think of things that don’t completely suck. Like these! (Feel free to play in comments or elsewhere. Or not!)
1. The sky
3. Also books!
4. Like Brené Brown’s beautiful one on vulnerability
5. Or Susan Cain’s ode to the superpowers of introverts
6. Or anything by Anne Lamott
7. Also, superpowers in general!
8. The internet
9. And people who use it for good!
10. Like my new love, Rebelle Society
11. Or Thorn Coyle
12. Or Havi
13. Which reminds me: Shiva Nata
14. And Rally (Rally!)
15. The wall of art I made after Rally (Rally!)
16. Those little keychain LED flashlights
17. Twilight Covening
20. Occupy Sandy
21. And Rolling Jubilee
27. Also, acupuncture. I love acupuncture.
28. In fact, generally having tools to help myself when things do completely suck
29. Resources: physical, material, emotional, mental, spiritual
30. Justice (resources for everyone!)
33. Really comfy shoes
34. Walking! Still awesome, even years after the two-years-of-broken-foot debacle.
35. Living in a place where there are things I can walk to. Many!
37. Coffee. I adore coffee.
38. These cupcakes
41. Having a practice.
42. My bed. It is a really great bed.
43. Also sleep. It makes everything better!
44. And hot showers.
46. And the technologies that help me stay connected to them and to far-away friends.
47. Ebook apps for my phone. I have books! In my pocket! At all times.
50. Seasons. I love living in a part of the world that has them.
51. Hoodies. I wear them a ridiculous number of days. I even have grown-up ones that are sweaters!
53. And my sister who is one!
55. And the amazing things they have given me in all sorts of ways.
57. Really great pens
58. Refrigeration. Seriously, it makes a lot of things more awesome.
61. Boston and environs. It is where I am from, and so gorgeous.
63. Teachers: formal, informal, accidental, and all the rest
66. Prime numbers (of which this is not one)
67. The President
68. Swishy skirts
70. Having an interfaith friend!
74. The earth
76. Being part of this huge, beautiful universe together